(1) The first land that I have found that Jeremiah Featherston bought was on 18 Nov 1826 from Samuel and Betsy Bryan, 169 1/2 A on Hickman. He paid $2542.50 in silver. (Fayette Co., Ky D.B. #2, p. 191)
(2) For more on Jean Wright and her husband, Charles Featherston, see "Beware of the Charlotte County, Virginia Marriage Bonds, The Featherston Family", The Virginia Genealogist. Vol. 23, #1, 1979 by Margaret T.
(3) Charles Featherston had other children, including two daughters. I have never been sure that Jean Wright was the mother of any of his children, other than Jeremiah.
(4) The records are more available than they were in Mrs. Sellier's day. I have never found anything to suggest Revolutionary War service.
(5) From Marriages of Charlotte County, Virginia. 1764-1815, by Catherine L. Knorr, p. 27 [married] 21 Nov 1782, Carlus Featherston and Gilly Brum- field. Married by Rev. Thomas Johnston. [Married] 10 Dec 1787, Charles* Featherston and Lucy Elmore, dau. of James Elmore. Surety James Tarpley. Married 12 Dec by Rev. Thomas Johnston. *The original bond says Carlis, not Charles.
(6) Carolus Featherston was in the Fayette Co., Ky. census in 1820. He later moved to Franklin Co., Ky. and died there in 1830.
(7) Oddly, the dates Mrs. Sellier gives are not identical with the ones on their tombstones at the Lexington Cemetery, Lexington, Kentucky where Featherston family members, buried on the farm, were reburied by Robert
Wright Featherston. There Jeremiah Featherston's birthdate is 7 Nov 1776 and Elizabeth Elmore Featherston's deathdate is 30 March 1864. The marriage date Mrs. Sellier gives can be found, also in Knorr. (op.cit.), p. 27. Elizabeth Elmore is listed as the daughter of James Elmore. Jesse Elmore, surety.
(8) They were married less than three months, for the Marriage Records of Fayette Co.. Ky. 1803-1851 by Annie Walker Burns, reports their marriage on 13 July 1822.
(9) Mrs. Mavis Brees, has tracked down William R. Featherston and found Mrs. Sellier's information correct, as
far as it went. He died in Illinois.
(10) He was a first cousin, the son of Rev. James Elmore of Jessamine Co., Ky. No children.
(11) Mary F. Wilkerson died 11 Dec 1893. (Lexington Leader 11 Dec 1893) She left a will naming two children, W.W. Wilkerson and Mattie J. Rapelle (?) (Fayette Co., Ky. will book *7, page 183)
(12) She compiled these records.
(13) Both of Elizabeth Neet's marriages took place in Jessamine Co., Ky.
(14) From the records of the Crown Hill Cemetery, 700 W. 38th St., Indianapolis, Indiana, we have the following, all of which are burial dates: Arthur Featherston 8 Nov 1873; Amanda S. Featherston 29 Apr 1881; Dr. J.
R. Featherston 15 Apr 1886; John Featherston 9 Sept 1891 (possibly John Robert died young); Frances J. Featherston 10 June 1931; Rhea Featherston 4 Jan 1963. They have the following notation on the last: born Indiana, 21 Aug 1885, died. s. San Gabriel, Calif. 10 Dec 1962.
(15) He was a descendant of Carolus Featherston.